Thursday, December 13, 2007

Just a few older pictures....and a trip to the south.

So for work this week I have been down in the south. We left Sunday afternoon from Salt Lake and flew to Memphis. From there we drove to Blytheville, Arkansas. We worked there most of Monday and then after work drove to Jackson, Mississippi. Thursday the client we were auditing claims for was having a Christmas lunch and they invited us to join them. That lunch was quite a cultural eye opener for me. Before the lunch one of the managers in the office gave what amounted to a southern baptist type sermon complete with amen's and hallelujahs from some of the other workers there. I wasn't quite sure if i was supposed to clap or say amen or what, so i ended up just standing there (probably with a goofy look on my face). It was fun though, they were very friendly and they cooked up some really good southern "soul" food (as they liked to call it). After lunch we flew to Orlando which is where I am now. We went to dinner tonight down by all the Disney stuff and walked around downtown disney. It brought back some fun memories of our trip down here a few years back. The guys I was with got a kick out of Grandma riding the incredible hulk ride. Tonight i'm just hanging out in my hotel room waiting until I'm tired enough to fall asleep. So I started looking through some of the pictures on my computer, and they brought back some fun memories (for some they may not be so fun) so I thought I'd share them. We fly back to Salt Lake tomorrow night. It might be hard to go back to 20 degree weather after being in 80 degree weather for a few days. But there is some snow now at the resorts so if I can go skiing then the cold is totally worth it. Anyways enjoy the pictures, and I love you all.





1 comment:

Bingham Clan said...

Those are some fun pics Eli. I can picture you awkward face after the sermon perfectly and I can't stop laughing! That was such a fun trip that we made to visit Seth. I still laugh about the "turkey" he had outside his little trailor house. That was a good one Seth:) We were both surprised to hear that you were down south....Tyson was like "I figured he was sitting in his little office when I was talking to him the past couple days." Anyway, hope you have a great trip and travel safely!
Amanda